MAR 1982: GETAWAY!
02:26:50 67.2 MB Production date: 03/31/16
Game review of Getaway! and interview with the author Mark Reid. The program won the Atari Star Award and the $25,000 prize in 1983. I also introduce Omnivore, the 8-bit binary editor that I've been working on during the hiatus. Kevin Savetz has a guest review of the APX Spring Catalog, and we add a new section to the podcast, the countdown to the Tramiel takeover.
Listener Written Programs¶
- Python program to split ATR/XFD images
- My half-finished game Air Defense
- Source code to Air Defense
- ATasm, a Mac/65 cross assembler
- 2015 ABBUC Software Contest
- Collection of Atari 8-bit tools & documentation
- Star Raiders II (prototype) released
- John Aycock’s lecture: Retrogame Archeology
- John Aycock’s forthcoming book Retrogame Archeology: Exploring Old Computer Games